Top 10 Reasons to do Bachelors in Automobile Designing
Multiple job options
- The automobile industry is continuously involved in production, development, and manufacturing. You can get a job in the designing and manufacturing, research and development, or sales and components manufacturing department.
- Those with good imagination and innovative ideas can quickly enter the automobile job market and start earning by becoming an automotive professional. It is the right choice for you if you are looking for immediate employment after completing your graduation.
Scope for creative minds
- There is a great scope for creative and artistic talent in this field. It is the right career choice for those with imagination. If you are acquainted with computer-aided application or software and have a natural talent to create 2D drawings, you can excel in car designing.
Update your skills
- You can go a long way in your career if you are staying updated with the latest software and technology in the auto industry. You will learn to create a safe, comfortable, aesthetic, and functional product within the framework of the regulations.
- Companies generally look for creativity along with analytical skills and rational skill. As an automobile Design engineer, you have greater chances of getting hired by companies looking for mechanical knowledge and creative skills.
Create a better portfolio
- You will learn to prove your innovation and ideas within a particular theme set by the leading big car manufacturers. You will also learn to express your thoughts in writing when you start working for leading automobile companies.
- With technological advancement, automakers are not anywhere behind. They are continually looking for novel ways to enhance the driver experience by integrating mobile and wireless components into the system. A passion for computer sciences and innovation will give you a fruitful career on the front lines of the automobile industry.
- Some automotive designers may pursue a master’s degree to qualify for higher pay. With a postgraduate degree in automotive engineering, you can expand your work experience with the skills that may be required by some companies abroad.
- Trade associations hold their annual conferences and have connections to larger trade shows and conventions. By participating in trade shows and conferences, you will get many opportunities to meet key designers in the automobile industry. Thus, you will be able to check out the latest design innovations and network with potential employers.
- Since everyone across the globe used cars, there is always going to be a place in big companies for talented automobile designers. Car manufacturers keep looking for new designers who can think up the novel and innovative ideas. Even during economic slumps, these manufacturers can manage to boost sales with the help of a creative and experienced design team.
Job Opportunities After Bachelors Automobile Designing
After you complete an undergraduate course in Automobile Design, you will find that there are plenty of jobs waiting for you out there. Top companies will hire you immediately if you exhibit your talent and spark. Keep a positive mind that is open to new ideas, and you will be able to land the job of your dreams faster than you think. Here are some of the jobs related to Automobile Design that you can apply for after your graduation.
As an Automobile Engineer/ Automotive Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing vehicles such as cars, buses, motorcycles, and their subsystems. You will also be involved in research and development using the latest technology to create these products. Companies like Mahindra will offer you a starting salary of around Rs.4,84,615 to Rs.5,00,000 per annum.
You can start working as a Production Engineer at an Automobile plant if you are well-versed with technical drawings, developing alternate designs, and creating computer-generated reports. You will also need to analyse the performance of plant equipment, the feasibility of the design, operations, and product components. You can get a starting salary of Rs.3,16,000 to 3,50,000 if you’re hired by Maruti or Mahindra.
If you are selected for the post of a Production Planning and Control Manager, you will have to interact with the production, sales, and marketing team to draw up weekly or monthly plans. Based on the monthly sales reports, you will need to procure raw materials and plan the entire production schedule every month. In the beginning, you can expect a starting salary of around Rs.2,50,000 per annum which can reach up to a maximum of Rs.6,00,000 per annum if you are hired by a well-known company like Tata Motors.
Once you have the required experience, you can apply for the position of Technical Consultant. Here you will be responsible for research, analysis, training, and providing on-site support to assembly plants. You must have the right vision and identify the product needs for each assembly plant. Leading companies like Ford will pay you anything between Rs.2,00,000 to Rs. 4,75,000 per annum or more according to your experience.
Those of you who have a passion for vehicles can start working as an Automobile Technician/Mechanic. Companies like Bajaj Auto Ltd. Or Honda will offer you a starting pay package of Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs.5,06,700 to inspect, test, and maintain vehicles. You also have to complete vehicle inspection and maintenance procedures such as tire rotations, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
Automobile Design is not only an interesting profession but also one that helps you develop your talents and achieve maximum career growth. There are a large number of design jobs available that will help you earn well and achieve your dreams. Although many people study automobile designing, there are only a few talented people who are passionate about what they do. Therefore, there is almost negligible competition for deserving candidates in this field.